Downtown Lifestyle District / Center City District

12345679»

Comments

• Looks like there's a few more things that need to get approved, such as the condominium agreement, with possibility that the city could back out if they disagree with the financials of the project. But otherwise, this looks like it's going to move forward pretty fast.

We've seen projects in East Lansing take a long time as well as move fast. This project is one of the larger ones, but that doesn't mean that it will need to move as slow as the 100 Grand River project. I'm hopeful we'll see ground break by Spring 2018.

• It is like two different sets of people are in charge, the slow people and the fast people, I like the fast people. Why can't they help the slow people up the street?

• edited June 2017

Quick question, from my last post, did te city approve the base design or the Option #1 design (the slightly shorter design), or is this something to be decided later in the process?

EDIT: Reading more through the council agenda, it seems the planning commission considered the 140-foot base design without being able to seek a consensus in their late April meeting, after which the plan went to the Option #1 revised plan with the 132-foot design.

Base Design:

• 22,307 square feet of retail on Grand River
    • 20,178 square feet of retail on Albert Avenue
    • 271 market rate apartments
    • 93 apartments reserved for 55 years and older
    • Parking structure with 715 parking spaces

Option 1:

• 22,225 square feet of retail on Grand River
    • 23,917 square feet of retail on Albert Avenue
    • 273 market rate apartments
    • 92 apartments reserved for 55 years and older
    • Parking structure with 620 parking spaces

All of this technical stuff is in addition to the general stuff I posted back on the last page. Also, it appears the city has added the most recent revised elevation drawings to the agenda:

Albert Avenue Building:

http://eastlansing.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&event_id=1177&meta_id=51611

Grand River Avenue Building:

http://eastlansing.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&event_id=1177&meta_id=51613

• Very impressive. I like the retail level and the high buildings are set back so as not to loom over the street. I think theses building will fit in that space while creating a comfortable sidewalk level. It might be a bit shady on Albert Street in the afternoon.