Website Updates

Comments

• Jared, would it be possible for you to add the blog tab to the discussion page? To get to the blog I have to go to the main page to get to the blog link. Not a big deal, just FYI.
  • fixed.
  • I like the new look, but I also like some of the info on the bottom of the blog page, with the newsfeeds, popular tags, and flickr images (which are currently being lost by the number of blog posts on that page). I don't know if it is feasible to incorporate those elements on the homepage without rendering it unusable, but including some might give the homepage an even heavier info-portal feel, which I assume the site is leaning toward.

By the way, I am a long-time lurker and now registered user. I grew up there in what some jokingly refer to as L.A. and entertain visions of heading back there someday soon (I currently reside in Chicago). It is fantastic to see that there are a few good souls concerned with design, planning, and sustainability in that neck of the woods.

Cheers,
    R.
  • edited July 2007
    Yep, you guessed it. I'm planning on moving that content to the home page, maybe tonight if I get time. I'm going to try to make it so the home page doesn't feel too heavy.

By the way, welcome to the site reversiblehatt. Lol, you're not the only one who's heard people refer to it as L.A. (Lansing Area for everyone else).
  • I've made the change now. Let me know what you think or if you notice any problems.
  • Jared, can you correct the error that occurs when you try to insert a link? What happens is that if you've typed anything prior to creating a link the link not only posts the url on the site, but then everything before that you wrote, again. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you must know about this. It's more of an inconvenience than an error, but I'm still not sure why it does that.
  • I know exactly what your talking about Lmich. I guess I just got used to it, so I didn't bother to say anything.
  • edited July 2007
    Hmmm... I'm not sure exactly how to reproduce what you're talking about. If you're using the editor view, and you just simply type in a web address, it will convert it to a link. You could try that.
  • Jared, type in a random sentence, then hit the "Insert Link" icon and put in a website and see what happens. It copies the random sentence and inserts the link.