Volaris Lansing

1235»

Comments

• Is that green space? That looks like it will be a nice pool area. Sometimes I wonder who is going to fill up all of these new apartments being built right now. But I saw just today on LSJ.com that The Abbot on Grand River Ave. has been 100% leased out, so yes there is a market!
  • One thing to remember is that with the MSU residence halls closed right now there is a surplus of housing demand with parents of students wanting their underclass students to have the "college experience" still. What will happen when the residence halls reopen? Not really sure there. Hopefully the demand really is there and we don't end up with a bunch of half-empty buildings.
  • I think you are right about many students wanting to live off-campus. Do they still require freshmen and sophomores to live on campus? Here at my building in REOtown each year, more students/young people move in. They will all say they wanted to get away from EL and all [good and bad] that goes with it. They are good neighbors who hang out at the Blue Owl coffee shop and rent the scooters.
  • Just to be clear, Volaris isn't being marketed to undergrads. It's being marketed to the future workers at McLaren, visiting scientists to the cyclotron and FRIB on campus, etc. The rents are very high for this area of town - almost $1,400 for a 1 bdrm/1 bath up to nearly $2,500 for 3 bdrm/2 bath - and does not include any of the typical student units where you rent a room in a unit and share the common space in the unit.
  • Maybe wealthy under-grads! I know owning a house is not everyone's dream but here in Lansing, you could get a super nice house for a $2,500 a month mortgage payment! It is great that they can get those rents and Lansing has jobs that can support them but I find those prices astonishing. There had better be some wicked nice granite countertops for that kind of money! That's just my opinion!
  • The pool looks pretty sweet, with some nice green space too. I see a lot of cars parked there, it seems like they are having no problem leasing out this place.