General Lansing Development

Comments

• edited September 18
    @citykid,

Do you happen to know if New Vision has done any lot combinations, yet, for their Tower on Grand site? I noticed that the city put out a "new" parcel shapefile a few weeks/months ago, but also noticed that it didn't show some lot combinations are are even as old as last year like around Sparrow and the Goodyear site and the stuff at Ovation, I think. Struck me as kind of strange so much of this stuff still hadn't been updated and the city was putting this out as being "updated" information.
  • New Vision has not done one thing necessary through planning and zoning for their supposed projects.

I'll take a look at the parcel splits/combinations. I'm not the GIS person but it seems like every time an update is pushed, something wonky happens. Some things get reset, weird attributes get turned on or off. But I'm not in the inner workings of that file so all i can do is relay.

I've been advocating for a more useful parcel viewer like NYC's for years.
  • edited September 19
    Public Safety HQ (& Fire Station #9) update is in next week's committee of the whole packet. Everything's coming in on budget. These aren't new, I don't think, but they haven't been posted here:

xtau7sh6in2r.png

o2yecex4xl4m.png

i1be5s1731k8.png

The design of Fire Station #9 looks very similar to the one of the new Fire Station #2 being developed on the northwest side, so I assume it's the same architect. The rendering they put out for the latter gives you a better idea of what #9 will look like. I kind of like it. lol

0da26d41-e839-4ffa-b376-aa3a14a79e93?cache=1800&width=900&mode=min
  • Are those Hobbs+Black designs? I was thinking they were doing the Public Safety HQ, and it just looks like something they'd do.
  • edited September 19
    Hobbs+Black, BKV Group...I'm sure even Christman - who is the construction manager - got in on the design. Anyway, hood had posted the main rendering some time ago: https://develop.metrolansing.com/discussions/discussion/231/lansing-area-development-rundown-updated-9-4-24/p1
  • @MichMatters That public safety building site plan is different than the one you posted from the planning commission meeting on August 3rd. This most recent one looks more like the plan that had been posted awhile back and shared in a WKAR story. I assume what's in the committee of the whole is the final plan, but I liked what you posted back in August better.

@citykid Very disappointing to hear that about New Vison. I really thought there's no way they'd screw up $40 million in free money but I may be proven wrong.
  • The only big change is that this one doesn't have a parking garage and the main building is expanded into its footprint.
  • The lack of a parking garage and a completely different condensed building footprint that was likely one or two floors taller would have been a pretty big plus imo. Not quite making up for all the front yard parking but still notably better.
  • edited September 19
    I don't see the actual building changed from the rendering your posted awhile back.
  • Yeah, I'm saying this is about the same as the rendering I posted awhile back. Different than the site plan you recently shared that I thought was an updated plan.

Site plan you shared in an August 2nd post on this thread:
    pl6v7vtlnlfn.png