Okemos & Haslett

Comments

• I was sorry to read in the LSJ that they will not be redeveloping the four corners in downtown Okemos. It seems like a natural place for development with thousands of cars going by all the time. I would like to see Okemos have a real village center again.

• I hadn't even heard of (or didn't remember hearing about) this one. Apparently, the business and building owners of the buildings in between the one's Elliott owned didn't want to sell and/or were asking too much. No way of knowing. Apparently, this was seperate from the failed Douglas J project. Their little downtown must be cursed.

• I also missed this or assumed it was the same as the Douglas J project, it's sad to see Okemos struggling to get anything going in their downtown. If this and the Douglas J project had happened it would have really changed that area.

• I don't think it was ever announced before, outside of the Tavern & Tap project. It would have been nice for the same businesses to reopen in the new building if it was built, or maybe they could remain owners of the land and the buildings could be built as "lease-holder improvements" and Kris Elliot could get a 99-year lease on the upper floors of the buildings for a good rate.

• edited October 2017

I was driving down Hagadorn over the weekend and noticed that Mayberry Homes has a new development going up on the northeast corner of Hagadorn and Bennett Roads.

This used to be a mix of woods and vacant land next to the golf course.

http://www.mayberryhomes.com/northpointe-at-college-fields

There's 57 lots and it's basically one road that makes a loop.

• edited October 2017

Yep, me and hood were talking about this recently in the Lansing thread. These are technically in Lansing, a part of College Fields. Most recently, they'd been finishing up some infrastructure work down in the Gardenview section in the south end of the development. I think this may be one of the last phases.

EDIT: Looks like it was actually a conversation I was having with Hood in a message thread. lol

• Are you referring to this comment from October 2016? https://develop.metrolansing.com/discussions/discussion/comment/9229/#Comment_9229

I couldn't find anything in recent conversations when searching for "mayberry", "northpointe", or "fields".

Which thread this belongs in is confusing, but I think people will consider this as part of "Okemos" which is why I posted it in this thread (I think of this area as Okemos, same thing with Jackson National Life).

• While technically in Lansing, I'd say leave it in the Okemos thread.

And yeah, we were discussing this through messages.

• edited October 2017

Just to be clear since I've gotten two comments now referencing it, I wasn't demanding that this be talked about in the Lansing thread (though it's probably where I'm going tot talk about it when I do), rather just relating the last time I'd talked about it.

• I didn't figure you were demanding, just replying to Jared since he seemed to want some input.