Southside Lansing Development

Comments

• Hi there - Does anybody have information on what is happening on the 13-1400 block of East Miller (Southeast of Pennsylvania)? They've been clear cutting trees and it appears their demolishing to houses. Can't find any info, thought I'd bring it to our Lansing sleuths! :)

• Do you have a more specific description? Northside of the street? Southside? There are some apartment buildings on the southside and commercial buildings along the north side around this location.

• edited June 2019

South side of Miller, behind LaFontaine Chrysler/ Jeep. **They're and two*** (need to proofread my posts!) :o

• Hmm. It appears the dealership owns everything on the southside of the street up to the Southwood Apartments (1306 E. Miller) save for the small office building directly behind the dealership which appears to be a doctor's office. There are no projects given for any of these parcels. Two of them are being maintained as rental houses, and two parcel is vacant land. The only project I see filed is for the dealership parcel, itself, and it was for some HVAC equipment filed back in April.

But, since you say the two homes were demolished, maybe they just don't have the demolitions permits up yet.

BTW, looks like LaFontaine also purchased the old (cleared) hotel site on the other side of Ramada Drive. To put it more simply, they own every parcel that touches on Ramada Drive save for the doctor's office I mentioned and the storage facility at the end.

• Thanks for the info! Curious if they'll move the Ford dealership there from Cedar/ Jolly.

• I know there was talk of LaFontaine building a separate Fiat building immediately south of the CDJR building across Ramada Drive, but nothing came of that. I'd noticed all the tree cutting and buildings coming down as well. I'd like to know what's up.

• I hate to hear the statement," they are cutting down all the trees!". Maybe they thought no one would notice out there. I'm sure more pavement is on the way.

• So I was driving by the intersection of MLK and Edgewood this morning and noticed work going on behind the old Complete Hitch business. There were barriers along the road and construction equipment pulling down trees along Edgewood. I didn't see any signs of what's going on there. Any ideas?

• edited July 2019

Complete Hitch requested - and was granted - a vacation of a ROW behind the property back in September. The right-of-way was of LaBelle Street, which continued west past Edgewood, but was never developed as a street, of course. It actually seperated the parent lot from two lots they owned to the south.

What I'm seeing for the parent parcel is that the exist building (3,895 sq ft) is being demolished to make way for a new marijuana "provisioning center" (4,406 sq ft). They filed the project earlier this month. Looks like Complete Hitch sold the property in January to a mom-and-pop outfit called "Great Lakes Farm Properties, LP" out of Bloomfield Hills in Metro Detroit.

Glad to see the site being reused and a new building being put up. I do wonder what they are going to do with all of this land, though, aside from the building. Because the new building will just be a bit bigger than Complete Hitch's current building, and that only fills the northeast corner of the main lot. Then you have the ROW vacation and two lots south of that.

Really, I'd love to see this whole intersection developed more intensely than it currently is, and I guess this is a start.

• Thanks for looking that up. I hadn't seen anything about it and it was a pretty glaring change driving by.