REO Town Development

Comments

• The sunken garden wall looks to be nearly complete and looks pretty nice up there in its new spot. The back wall of the garden is on the south side so it seems like if one were in the garden much of the industrial landscape view will be blocked behind the walls. The BWL towers will look to be growing up from behind the south wall.
    They put up new signage at The REOtown Market Place, looks better. I am hoping they will continue to upgrade the building. I see a lot of people going from St. Vincent's across to this new place so it seems they are doing well.

• I really hope they follow through with the improvements and access to the riverfront as well. Also, I noticed that there is a small convenience store that opened in a vacant storefront across from the community art center near the wash ave/ mt. hope intersection. It's nice to see another vacant storefront put to use, although I have to wonder how much they're going to compete with the existing store that's up the road a few blocks north.

• The store on Barnes and Washington has been closed for a while now. I believe the new store is the "replacement" it's called 'The Wagon' the old store was 'Speedwagon'.

• The old Speedwagon store is still closed, the new store is in the former Kwasp Barkery building near the R.R. tracks. I have not stopped by there yet. The "appliance store" located in the former pool hall seems like they have stopped renovating and now has three or four old vans sitting in the parking lot. It is hard to tell what is going on there, but it does not look so good. It would be great to get the southern blocks of REO-town in on the action. Today there are lots of people shopping on S. Washington here for the Holiday Market.
    Up at the sub-station, the tore out the old retaining wall that was long the sidewalk. I do not know if they saved the limestone bricks, but that wall was really built. There is a huge pile of really thick cement up there now.

• This is a REOtown development! There are six or seven cop cars and a prisoner van outside my building right now! They have the street blocked off as well!

• Wow, I'm seeing on the news someone is holed up in your building! Stay safe.

• It was kind of crazy around here last night. There was a drone looking into the apartment below mine, and swat teams in the stairwell with huge machine guns. Seeing both of those things was a first for me. I think they were worried about this guy, that he would be violent not that he was going to kill himself. I don't' think they call out the swat team and close the street to prevent a suicide. I do not know who he was, and I thought it a bit strange that they said so little on the local news. They had one guy reporting that the street was closed because of the weather.

• I was walking down Washington that evening and someone asked if the hold up was over. I had no idea what that person was talking about until later. I thought I was talking to a crazy person!

• It is not unusual to encounter a "crazy person" on S.Washington! I can understand your confusion! I moved my car to a parking ramp and walked home to find it was all over. It all seems kind of strange that they had about thirty police some in full swat gear to take out one guy who doesn't want to go. I'm thinking just what kind of threat did this guy pose? No one has really said. I am very pleased that it all ended without anyone getting hurt and I am impressed with the L.P.D. and their patience in this. I don't know how I would feel about living here if there had been some sort of violence right below my apartment.

• It looks like the rehab on the new Good Truckin Diner is beginning. The overhang has been removed and the front boarded up for construction down the street next to the REOtown Pub.