REO Town Development

Comments

• Another shop re-hab has begun at one of the two shops with the octagon shaped windows on S. Washington Avenue, next to the record shop. I am not sure what it is going to be, it may be a vintage jewelry store. The other shop has a women's clothing boutique that is rarely open. Up the street in the S.O.REOtown area on Mt Hope the discount carpet store recently painted their building, it looks really great.

• I spent a few hours in REO town over the holidays, checking out the shops and stopping in for bbq at Saddleback. I had a great time! Although I noticed the work going on to the building facade, I didn't realize that Good Truckin' was moving. Hopefully this will give them more space, as they get pretty busy at peak dining times.

• I am so glad to hear you had a great time in the hood! A few more shops and restaurants over here and it's going to be hard to find a parking spot.

• Any word on a timeline for QD to fix the building with the mural on it that had a fire last year?

• @ratchetwrench I saw dumpsters pop up there shortly after the fire so they have been working on it but knowing QD I wouldn't hold your breath to see what comes of it. I wouldn't set my my expectations too high for what they're doing either. I love QD but they don't take very good of their properties, they don't seem to be thinking much about their future.

• It could because of the extream cold of late, but there does not seem to be anything going on in that building for a while now. I really would like to see a Quality Dairy store on the street level. I realize that is not what they will do there.

• There's a small part of me that thinks that they actually would put a store here, I'd agree it's unlikely but it isn't crazy. If they were thinking about a REO Town store before this fire presents a good opportunity for them to open one.

• That would really nice for the neighborhood if they did. First, they would have to figure out how to make a parking lot that is difficult and crowded and broken up!:}

• What would really be nice is if they put their flagship store at that location, either using a slick ultra-modern design, or something retro and historic, like the facade on the QD in downtown Mason.