General East Lansing Development

Comments

• Smoking tobacco out of a hookah is new to me. I sort of doubt that it will be successful, but maybe with the university it has a chance.
  • Jared, do you think you can add a note about the trolley to the front page?
  • Did anybody else that voted in East Lansing notice the proposal to sell off a parcel of land about 1.5 acres bounded by Charles, MAC, and Albert, from the city to University Place Condominiums?

I hadn't heard of that before, and the only location I can think of is City Center 1.
  • edited November 2006
    Here is the proposal text:
    RESOLUTION FOR BALLOT PROPOSAL TO AUTHORIZE
    SALE OF THE CITY LAND LEASED TO THE UNIVERSITY
    PLACE CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION

Shall the City Council be authorized to sell the 1.57 ~acre parcel of land bounded by Charles Street, Albert Avenue, and MAC Avenue which is currently leased to the University Place Condominium Association under Ground Lease recorded at Liber 1661, Page 221, of Ingham County Records, being Tax Parcel No. 33-20-02-18-150-014?
  • I found the property on the Ingham County assessors site. Here is the link: Property on the assessor's site

The property looks to be the Marriott Hotel and parking in the alley behind it. I believe the property was leased out to the hotel, and now it will be sold to the hotel. Do you think I have it correct? It could be that they are selling to someone else, but this makes the most sense.
  • I have no clue, it lists no building address, has no pictures and has no building data. I'm not familiar enough with EL streets to know if the boundries are right.
  • University Place is the mixed use structure that includes the East Lansing Marriott among other uses.
  • Jared, I seen an article in the State News that talks about an MSU Construction Master Plan. I was wondering if you had any idea on how to get a copy/download of this, since you seem to have some connection with the State News.
  • My connection with the State News is that at about 10pm the night before the issue, the articles are available on their website by telling their website to view tomorrow's news.

They have updated their 2020 vision site with the updates you were looking for.

Also, the Campus Planning & Administration website has some older documents dating back to October 2005, but may be of some interest.
  • A picture of the Mercantile Bank building, the exterior is nearly finished (not really the best angle): MercantileBank3.jpg