Website Updates

edited December 2016 in Off-Topic
Do you have any features or additions to the current website that you would like to see?

Comments

• I like your idea for link page, whether or not it is seperated out by cities or neighborhoods (although that would add that much more to it.) I think the site is pretty good for now though, all the key things are covered.
  • Jared, can you update the thumbnail for the Hollister Building project page? I already updated the rendering on the page itself.
  • edited April 2007
    The homepage for develop, a wordpress blog, isn't really updated often due to the question of where to post development updates. So, my question to the public is, how should the homepage for the site be used?

Some ideas are:
    [ulist][li]Upcoming Events[/li][li]Columns written by people in the threads[/li][li]Development updates[/li][li]New project announcements[/li][li]Innovative planning ideas[/li][/ulist]
    On a side note: I have also taken off an unnecessary warning when trying to apply for membership to the forum, there is no membership approval required, so please join and then comment on this thread.

Let me know what you think about it by responding to this thread.
  • I think the content of the homepage has been good so far, although it could be updated with the same type of news, just more often. Also, if someone posts a photo tour or set of construction updates that would be a good thing to post also. As an added item, maybe in it's own little box or something, have whatever could be considered the "hot topic," not neccesarily the most recently commented on thread, but the newest/most important one. For instance if a major announcement is made, the thread regarding that could be the "hot topic."
  • Hood, I've made the changes that you requested. What do you think of them?

The blog has been moved to another section of the website, allowing me a little more freedom to use it more as a blog and not as the first content that visitors may receive on their first visit.
  • I like it, it really improves the "front door" look of the site. I also puts a lot more information right there on the homepage. Anyone else have an opinion on it?
  • The Hot Topic of the Week blurb on the home page is pushed over too far to the right and gets cut off. It kind of looks like it's an error.
  • I think it depends on your screen resolution. I run both 1280x1024, and 1600x1200, and I don't have any problem with it. Lower resolutions might though, I don't know.
  • I fixed the Hot Topic of the Week so it's not too far to the right. Can you see if it works for you LMich?