General Lansing Development

Comments

• Google street view is now available for Lansing, East Lansing and the rest of the metro Lansing area:
  • edited August 2008
    Some of my friends in GR showed me this and it's similar to Googles...maybe there's a way in google to change it, but Microsoft's has different angles. The link is kinda weird, but it should get you there.

http://maps.live.com
  • Yeah, I've seen Microsoft's birds eye view and it is pretty cool. Especially for getting an understanding of what a site looks like in the view. Having all of these views (the birds eye view, the street view, the satellite view) all are really nice for looking at locations that may be new to you or are outside of your range of transportation.
  • Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing apparently and something weird happened when I posted the link. But if you copy/paste the top portion of the link it still takes you to the site and then you can just type "Lansing MI" in and get there.
  • I fixed the link for you micro
  • Bird's Eye View is a great tool. I use it at work all the time when presenting developments.
  • There was a blurb in the LSJ print edition today on the Daily Bagle facade work but I don't see it on the website. It's short enought I'll type it here (there was a nice color pic in the paper 6D):

"New view: Work crews Monday were expected to warp up most of the masonry work that's left The New Daily Bagel, 309 S. Washington Sq., obstructed by scaffolding. The original facade had been covered for years, until crews recently removed a metal sheathing. The New Daily Bagel has remained open during the construction."
  • Today when I went by I saw the Great Lakes Chocolate and Coffee Company sign was on the outside of the Stadium District.
  • edited August 2008
    MSU's Center for Community and Economic Development has recently moved from Main Street in the Westside Neighborhood to the Eastside Neighborhood, more specifically 1615 East Michigan across from the KFC:

MSU-Outreach-141-0013.jpg

4,000 sq ft Eastside Rehab Hosts MSU

This building use to house Ryder Hobby Shop (I used to pick up stuff there from time-to-time), and more recently Al Quid Middle Eastern Market, which I wonder if it went out of business or was forced out?

In related new, it appears the relatively newly-formed Michigan Avenue Development Authority is finally gearing up to plot the future of East Michigan Avenue:

Municipalities Cooperate on Michigan Avenue Development Authority

I really envision a lot for East Michigan Avenue.
  • Anyone have any idea what's going on at the Cooley building? (The one with the facade that has the greek columns-on Capitol Ave.) There's been cranes there for a while and I haven't mentioned anything on here before cause it just looked like they were putting stuff on the roof...but the cranes are still there, and I'm curious...you think just boring stuff like new air conditioning system or something?