General East Lansing Development

Comments

• Here is a graphic of the addresses highlighted in yellow:
    2008-08-27_1340.png
  • edited August 2008
    This whole area has been getting slowly but surely more dense over the years. Looks like someone is simply speeding up the process.
  • Judging from what little we know about this, it sounds like it should be a good project. Keep us updated if you hear any more details.
  • Isn't that The Dollar at the corner of Michigan and Louis?
  • no, the Dollar is down Michigan Ave about a half a mile. This is right near Buddy's marathon.
  • Oh OK I can picture it now. Thanks. :-)
  • edited September 2008
    It looks like there may be some more properties added to the list to rezone towards RM-54. I'm pretty sure that the number on the zoning code means the number of persons per acre. Correct me if I'm wrong. **Edit: It is actually the number of units per acre, with a unit being 2-bedrooms.**
    Introduce and refer to the Planning Commission Ordinance No. 1199; an
    Ordinance to rezone the following: 324, 334, 404, 414, 424, 444 Michigan
    Avenue, 321 Elm Place, and 131 and 139 Louis Street from RM-32 City
    Center Multiple-Family Residential District to RM-54 University Oriented
    Multiple-Family Residential District; 123 Louis Street from RM-14 Low Density
    Multiple-Family to RM-54 University Oriented Multiple-Family Residential
    District; and 223-235 Delta Street and 308 Michigan Avenue from B-1
    General Office Business District to RM-54 University Oriented Multiple-Family
    Residential District
    This is for Tuesday's City Council meeting.
  • I don't know what EL's zoning codes mean, but zoning codes in general can be named virtually anything for any reason, and they can mean anything the municipality wants. Thats why they become very confusing if you have to deal with different cities, townships, ect... Do you know if EL has a guide to their zoning on their website? It should outline everything.
  • I looked up the different zoning codes on the city's website:
    "RM-54" University Oriented Multiple Family Residential High density residential district consisting of apartments and townhouses. Approximately 54 dwelling units per acre.* *Approximate residential densities based on requirements for two-bedroom dwelling units.
    More information can be found on their website about the different zoning codes.
  • Why are they re-zoning? Are they tryign to make the area more student friendly, with larger apartments, as in 3 and 4 bedrooms? Does anyone know why they are doing it. Right now they do have some pretty crappy apartments there, but definitely some nicer new ones are being made. I can't wait til City Center 2 comes up and someone buys the 24/7 and puts something nice on that corner. This area is going to be pretty cool and dense once these new places are built, and having the 5 story Residence Inn will be a great addition. Crunchy's is a really cool bar too.