General East Lansing Development

Comments

• Not a bad looking building. It's way better than most of the apartments in EL.
  • The City of East Lansing will be holding a non-motorized transportation public workshop tomorrow at the Hannah Center.
    The Non-motorized Transportation Plan will reflect a consensus vision of how the City of East Lansing will over time transform its streets, its development patterns, its government and its community outreach to establish an environment that makes walking and bicycling an obvious, safe and attractive option.
    See http://www.greenwaycollab.com/EastLansingNonmoto.htm for more details.

I think I'm going to try to make my way there and give some input. It runs from 7pm to 9pm. Anybody else planning on going? I hope to get to meet some of the other people in person.
  • National Coney Island will be moving in to downtown East Lansing. They will be located across the street from Taco Bell in the old Spartan Gyro/E.L. Moes Firehouse. They plan on opening in a month.

It will be really nice to get the Detroit chain in the East Lansing area. Last time I went to Detroit I ate at a National Coney Island in downtown Detroit and it was really good. I had my first coney dog there.
  • Whats going on with Ling Brewer's property? Is he still adding a 3rd floor to it? That whole side of Division street could be redone really nicely. It has his old apartment building, campus corner party store, a shoe store, and a random house squeezed between.
  • He has plans to add the third story but I'm not sure when construction would start. The whole project has been in planning for years.
  • The old country market has been painted a nice brown color. Does anyone know if something is moving into the space? Also there is a new Fair Trade store opening up soon on Grand River next to Cottage Inn.

Also, India Palace is under new ownership and a new renowned chef from the Detroit area and I have to say that the food and atmosphere is superb there!
  • There are also plans to build some 220 apartment units on Hagadorn. Each unit will have three beds. I haven't been able to find any more information on it, but I think there was a mention of it in the Towne Courier.
  • Where on Hagadorn?
  • I believe it will be between the Hannah Plaza and Mt. Hope, but I'm not sure on the site. There are a couple places along that stretch that could get the project. I'm especially thinking that it might be the corner of Mt. Hope and Hagadorn, where the office buildings were torn down about a year and a half ago.
  • Yeah my friend works for Eyde, they're trying to make that area the new Chandlers for students. I like that its closer to campus. Eventually it'll force Cedar Village area to update. That area has so much potential to be a nice urban space =).