MSU Development

Comments

• A press release about MSU Construction Day mentions that the current plan for demolishing Morril Hall is to replace it with an extension on to Wells Hall. Until now I didn't know where they were planning to rebuild.

I would have hoped for the location to be closer to Grand River, but at least they are not thinking about building it off of Service Road.
  • Interesting. Here's more info on the propose Wells Hall addition.

Morrill_exterior(1).jpg View_of_Southwest_Corner(2).jpg
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks for the images. I like how the building is at a different angle than the rest of the surrounding angles. I'd like to see MSU start putting green roofs on their new buildings though (I'm crossing my fingers).
  • Wow, I really had to wrap my mind around that one. Looks like they'll probably be restructuring the lecture halls too, if that rear render is any indication.
  • They'll most likely have to tear down the lecture halls that are in the B section of Wells Hall since they likely weren't designed to have such a heavy building on top of them :)
  • I'm not sure if these have been posted before or not, but I noticed them on the MSU construction page:

Bailey Hall renovation
    Bailey(3).jpg
    Bailey Hall

Cyclotron Offices Phase 2
    Cyclotron Offices
    cyclolablels.jpg

Also, I had't see any renderings of the Plant Sciences expansion until now, it is now under construction.
    Plant Sciences expansion
    PlantSci1(1).jpg
    PlantSci2(1).jpg
  • Thanks for the pictures. Is it me or does it look like they are going to try to make the new Plant Sciences addition have an ivy look from the beginning?
  • Yeah, I was trying to tell what that was myself. It does look sorta like ivy or something in the renderings, I wonder what it will look like when finished.
  • edited July 2010
    Could just be green brick.

Edit: Maybe not, I see what you mean now. I was just looking at the last picture.
  • Renovations are wrapping up at Brody Hall: MSU unveils latest dining hall renovation at Brody