Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Anyone see the Headquarters, tonight? They have the exterior lighting on. It looks awesome, much like it did when it was lit up when it was still a power plant.

3940197177_accc979d50.jpg
    Noxin
  • This is very close to being done. Isn't the open date next month? Anyway, I noticed that they have the lights on in the garage for the first time. I have been rather disappointed in the mesh they used for the floor openings. When you get up close, it looks like a screen just above the quality of chicken wire if I'm to be perfectly honest. I thought it was going to be far more decorative.
  • I am looking forward to seeing the revamped facility up close and in person. I am also looking forward to being able to walk on that side of the river for a change.
  • Is there going to be a public grand opening? It would be nice to be able to really explore the building before they are open for business.

I did walk by it last Saturday on my way to the city market and it looks fantastic from the outside.
  • I'm hoping that they will allow the public to tour the building, but I haven't heard anything.

It does look nice. Hopefully it will set an example for future buildings in Lansing.

The City Pulse is running a special section this week on the Accident Fund HQ called Phoenix Risen: Phoenix Risen
  • edited May 2011
    Accident Fund had an open house for the building on Saturday. I took a lot of pictures, so I'll just post a few here. If your interested in seeing more, you can view them all here: Accident Fund HQ - Photobucket

DSCN0244-1.jpg

DSCN0191-1.jpg

DSCN0227-1.jpg

DSCN0229-1.jpg

DSCN0214-1.jpg

DSCN0180-1.jpg

DSCN0198-1.jpg

AFpano.jpg
  • Some exterior shots from this cloudy evening

5732097208_ceaaed259d_z.jpg

5732097216_516d213821_z.jpg

5732097212_102a2d4445_z.jpg
  • Accident Fund will be offering tours to the general public by appointment: If we build it can they come?

I'd definitely recommend taking the opportunity to tour the building, it's well worth it.
  • Just a note, the new westbank branch of the River Trail from Shiawassee to Michigan is now open for business. I've been using the trail for years, and this is a whole other experience I thought I'd never have. Hopefully, they can creatively find a way to push it south to Cherry Hill Park, eventually.