Natural Lansing: Parks, Foresty and Nature

1141516171820»

Comments

• Thanks, I will try to contact them, and maybe the commissioner might be able to help to get Frandor to at least a once a season cleanup they won't work if they are clogged up. I wonder why these guys are not more concerned about their property.
  • edited September 1
    I don't know, but this is always a problem with rain gardens. As you've probably noticed over the years, the ones on Michigan Avenue can get quite bad with trash that water brings with it. Those are the city's responsibility since they are in the road right-of-way, but instead, they have community groups "adopt" them because they don't want to spend the money to hire more workers to maintain them. And they've given also the excuse in the past that so long as they are accomplishing their purpose, the aesthetics are not a priority for them. So it's definitely not just a Frandor issue.

BTW, the owners of Frandor are the same ones who were trying to kick CATA out of the center because they are hostile to homeless people. It's an old-fashioned, local mom-and-pop operation and Frandor has survived in spite of them, IMO. They absolutely have no idea about any modern changes or idea to make the mall better; they run the thing like it's still their grand opening in 1958.