New Vision Lansing

2»

Comments

• I don't "hate" this depiction, it looks like the apartments will have balconies which will make the building look like an apartment building not an office tower. However, is looks more generic than the last drawings, I would like to see a design that says "this is Lansing's skyline" when you see it. Many cities have unremarkable skylines that could be mistaken for any other. I would like to see a distinctive building to go along with the Boji Tower and the Capitol Building. I do like the smaller building; it has a more unique look and does not look like so many of the other new developments.
  • Yeah, the addition of balconies is welcome. Either way we're not getting an architectural masterpiece, especially if the over-street parking garage holds. I couldn't agree more on wanting a unique skyline moving forward as well. I'm just crossing my fingers hoping this building doesn't get scaled down and is a harbinger of what's to come, if they can build a nearly 2000' building in Oklahoma City it doesn't seem unreasonable to get some 30-40 floor buildings here.
  • edited October 10
    Shifting my attention away from the Tower on Grand portion of this, I went looking around the parcel viewer to see if I could find anything new. Well, no projects filed with the Washington Square Building. However, I was able to find that New Vision purchased the lots for Capitol Tower at the end of June. Still, I do wonder why the city doesn't seem to be interested in putting pressure on New Vision to speed up this work and be more transparent about it. It'd be nice to have at least a monthly update on their progress.
  • I still find it hard to believe that Gentilozzi would leave all the free money on the table and I'd be surprised if that money couldn't make financing the project relatively easy. It'd be nice to know what's going on, but there's a lot of projects hanging out in the ether that there's no updates on. Perhaps the city will get that project update page up and running at some point.

As of now it could be argued that they're only four months behind the schedule that they were pitching before the money was even approved. I think these projects will happen but I do worry what their final form will be.