Southside Lansing Development

Comments

• I also noticed that the building at Aurelius and Jolly that formerly housed a convenience store is getting renovated right now. It looks like some kind of social services office is moving in.
  • For 6425 S. Penn, this is the one they've been trying to developer as a dispensary since at least the beginning of the year. What makes these things hard to nail down before construction is that they need a permit from both the city and the state. I'll have to look up to see if they ever got their city permit for this. But Motorcars does own the site, so they'd be leasing it.

As for 1975 E. Jolly, the only thing I can find is a building permit pulled in September for an "interior remodel" and random google searches most recently point to an LAFCU branch in the building. I haven't been down here in awhile, so I'm not sure if it was a LAFCU most recently, or if that's what they are planning to put there. But, yeah, most recent information points towards a credit union.
  • The sign at that building said it was going to be some sort of debt lawyer, at least back in September. I think it said it was coming October 2019. I only remember that because it seemed like such an odd use for the building...

That was back in September though and it seems like these small places are always changing so it could have changed since then...
  • I drove by Aurelius and Jolly today and there were signs that the building is still being renovated. World Financial Group is the name on the sign.
  • Yes, I saw that sign too. The sign on the building was red green and white so just glancing I thought it may be an Italian business like a deli, then I saw what the sign said. It seems like an unusual spot for some sort of investment firm[??] but it looks like many vacant buildings around town are finding new uses and perhaps this one was very affordable.
  • I was by the old EDS Center which is now the new self-storage facility on Holmes between MLK and Washington and noticed the grass finally going in. I was surprised by how much nice it makes the area look; they should really do that across the street in Logan Square.
  • I drove past the old LPD South Precinct at Cedar and Holmes today and noticed that Neogen had moved in. Their sign is on the front of the building and they have put up a fence around the perimeter. I didn't realize that they had purchased the building so I was more than a little surprised.
  • That is a surprise, and nice to hear.
  • The old empty building next to the recently expanded Lorain Oil building on South Aurelius Road is being renovated. I'm not sure what is going in there though.
  • Neogen has installed a nice looking fence and repaved the parking lots, it seems old school buildings are just right for them. Down at S Cedar and Jolly, they were demolishing the Family Dollar building that was vacant on that corner. Seems like a very busy corner, I wonder what might be going in there? Further down S Cedar, there is a new building on the right that looks like it is nearly completed, I could not see what it is exactly but it looks like a school.