Capital View (Oliver Towers redevelopment)

12346»

Comments

• This one turned out nicer than I thought it would.
  • Redeveloping the old building rather than tearing it down kept the brick exterior and the steel and cement structure which makes this rehab look nicer than some of the new buildings going up. It seems like no one is bricking every floor anymore, they really did a nice job here.
  • This looks really nice, and shows what could have been possible had the YMCA building been rehabbed.
  • Agreed. This turned out really good and I didn't even think they could make this building look decent at all.

@Jared The more I look at the Metro Place apartments the more I realize even an abandoned YMCA building isn't that bad. I hope the apartments help the downtown housing market find its feet but that is an ugly, poor-quality building. For whatever it's worth I still don't think the YMCA building was a must-save building, it would have likely been a very long time before it would have been financially viable to do anything with it. I would've liked the see the original "The Lenawee" proposal get built, I would still sorta like to see that design resurrected elsewhere.