REO Town Development

Comments

• That is interesting news, who bought that site?
  • I think the folks working on the project at the site; they just seem to have finally scrounged up the money to buy the site.
  • I guess that would be the hotel project talked about several years ago? It seems like a great spot for a hotel. Any building of some height would really stand out on the high bank of the river.
    I am not down there to report about it anymore, but I did contact the city about new "bad art" graffiti under the S Wash. Bridge on the north side this time. I can not see how they get down there, maybe they use a boat. This person is very determined to leave their mark on this area as the city has covered that same person's bad art on the south side walls several times and they just come back and do it again. The city needs to catch this bad artist!
  • edited May 2021
    @MichMatters Do you remember if anything to do with the Deluxe Inn site went through any of the zoning/site approval or incentive processes? Didn't they have at least a somewhat formal proposal at one point or was that only part of the RFP?

Edit: I now see you posted about council taking up the rezoning of the site in late 2019, I assume that was approved and that it the last anyone's heard about this project until now?
  • Yes, it appears the rezoning was approved on December 2, 2019 and that's the last we heard of it.
  • I noticed a lot of work being done at the old QD plant, I hope is is not another grow house going in there.
  • There are crews still working on the former QD building on S Washington. I have a feeling it is going to be a grow house, there has been no work done on the exterior. Up the street at W. Barnes and S Washington the building there was being cleared out again, I was thinking maybe the building sold. The leaves are super bright and colorful at Moorse Park right now. There was a crew there on the west side installing "game tables?" where the shuffle board courts used to be. There was already some sort of game table installed in that area that sort of looks like a ping pong table but it may be another game. That park has been looking really nice with all the improvements of the last few years.
  • It looks like there's been some activity at the Deluxe Inn site, there's some new erosion barrier, utility flags and they were cutting the couple trees left there a few days ago. I'd suspect there'd have been some incentives sought if there were a significant project underway so I have no idea what they might be up to.
  • edited April 2022
    Heh, looks like the property has finally been sold and building permits were pulled on it last month for three different buildings. But it says the permits expire in September. So I have no idea what this is.

Actually, looking closer is says 3 identical 3-story buildings, each with 24 units.
  • Oh boy, "3 identical 3-story buildings" does not sound promising in the slightest.