MSU Development

1394041424345»

Comments

• I wouldn't worry, I have virtually no doubt MSU will be doing a proper historic restoration including the windows. My jaw would drop if they did anything other than that.
  • I have noticed the new historically correct windows on the dorms west of Campbell. I do appreciate the University's consideration of the details when restoring or building new. I know it is apples and oranges to compare Lansing and MSU administration of resources but one could learn a little from the other.
  • Crews were laying the rebar for the sidewalks on the Farm Lane Bridge, and they are finishing the approach road beds on both sides. Most of crew and equipment trailers have been removed, and the new sidewalks in front of the Auditorium have been finished. Also, the walk under the bridge is finished, it has a nice textured edge next to the river. In other words, they are finishing up the project. Down the Lane the new student center is also having its exteriors finished, I will have to take a closer look but much of the facade is now covered with a yellow/tan square-blocks which may be stone or possibly they are insulation squares. Again, in other words! I am not really liking the color.
  • I'm not exactly what blocks you're talking about on the Multicultural center but the last time I looked I'd guess you might be seeing the brackets for some vertical metal accent pieces for the facade, there's also some insulation that sorta matches that description. I don't think there was any yellow or tan in the renderings.