Marketplace

Comments

• Especially for booths like the dairy/cheese booth. There's no way they'd be able to keep their equipment outside all the time, and it would be wholly impractical to move it back and forth. Hopefully they change they're mind a bit and include a small indoor portion for some of the vendors. Seasonally available foods, etc, can go outside, but at the very least some of the booths need to have a small indoor area for storage or something.
  • As far as the dyslexic foundation property, a piece of property could be bought within a couple blocks, and house moving would cost like $20-30k. It's not a bad deal even from a financial point of view, houses like that one are actually cost-effective move.

Also, I created this project in Google Earth, here are a couple views.
    MPSW.jpg

MPNE.jpg
  • Forgive my ignorance but is there a way for me to download your renderings so I can have them in my Google Earth?
  • They are Google Sketch Up files, I think I can upload them to some kind of database for downloading, I'll check it out.
  • That would be awesome. I love your version of our skyline. I should learn how to do that too, I'd like to add the Eckert Station and other stuff. If you want, I can offer my email address and you can send them directly.
  • That would be fine, its about a 56 mb file.
  • WOW. Hadn't checked up on stuff in a couple days only to find out about this. Am I the only one in love with Gillespie? lol. Anyways, like sabatoa, I really like the view of the building looming over the outfield. It'd be nice to see another rendering with both 6 story towers in the background. The clock-tower aspect is also nice and if that's how they will look then I would say that they will mesh well. Something about the tower pictured though makes me think of designs expected in a much warmer climate, like say, Florida. Maybe it has to do with the windows and the white around them? But that's ok, because I really like it. Also, imagine looking out your window and catching part of a Lugnuts game. Some people have mixed feelings about the market changing. Concerns are indeed justified, and I won't address all reasons right now but as a whole I think it would be for the best. People don't always like change even when its in their best interest, such as some of the people who sell goods there. What they don't realize though is that something has to be done, as the market could be doing a whole lot better. There was a time I admit, when I didn't even know where it existed. It certainly doesn't draw attention to itself, and I'm sure that the facilities could use updating. Everyone else is right though about aspects such as the outdoor/indoor year round potential problems. Nice how much mixed use the combined developments will be. That must please you, huh hood. Also, I believe that sometimes having such large developments by lone companies can bring a uniformity to an area that otherwise may not occur. I've always kind of wished that Lansing had some more things like Grand River in East Lansing with lots of businesses in very close proximity in nice, updated buildings with a touch of uniformity (I do like uniqueness too though). I mean don't get me wrong, places like Washington Ave & etc. are great and have come a long way, but you know what I mean. I really like the Shiawassee & Cedar southeast view. Nice to see the included trees and etc as well. Downtown is going to be changing so much, most people won't know what hit them!
  • Cool, my email is sabatoa [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thanks in advance.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=345c10a27fb146dc9e5b1b0087ae6716

This is my model of Eckert Station. It's light on details as this is my first attempt at creating these sketch ups. The height of the 3 smokestacks is accurate and the spacing of the towers is as good as I could do, it matches up nicely with the image on Google Earth and looks good with the shadows already presen on Google Earth. The one caveat is that it's in color. Feel free to use if you'd like.
  • edited October 2007
    You know a really cool idea would be to have seperate models posted on each project page. I wouldn't mind hosting them. I can work out all the technical stuff, but that seems like it would be a REALLY cool thing to have along with the project pages.

You can just upload the 56 mb file to: http://www.sharebee.com/ and post the link to it.
  • I think that's a great idea.