General Motors Lands

13»

Comments

• I saw a BWL sign about some project going on at the old GM site off Michigan. I will have to slow down and read it.

• I noted the sign the BWL has posted at the Michigan and Clare site. It says it is a temporary storage site for the "Westside Re-enforcement Project". I have not heard of this project, does anyone know what it is? It may have something to do with development there.

• gb,

Found it:

https://www.lbwl.com/About-the-BWL/News/BWL-Begins-West-Side-Reinforcement-Project/

The Lansing Board of Water & Light (BWL) has begun construction of its West Side Reinforcement Project, part of its Lansing Energy Tomorrow initiative and an important step in retiring its Eckert coal-fired power plant in 2020. The $33 million project will construct a new 7-mile transmission line connecting the Erickson Switchyard to the Willow Substation, and will increase reliability for electric customers on the west side and north side of BWL’s service territory.

In addition as mentioned in the other thread, BWL will be moving it's operations/maintenance facilities down at Hazel and Pennsylvania up to the old Fisher Body site.

• As I mentioned in the other thread, this is an excellent use of at least part of the abandoned GM site.

• Thanks, I was wondering what reinforcement meant.