City Center Studios

1235»

Comments

• edited April 2009
    I think that's just an excuse, especially considering how many other studios have chosen to build. It never seemed like a serious proposal to me, rather a concept a group of friends and aquaintences that hoped this would have fleshed itself out. If they had really dived into this, it would have happened. What really showed me how more fanciful/less concrete this was than other proposals is that Gillespie never bought the land for it. He still doesn't own the land they are proposing to build it on.
  • Certainly not an excuse on Ahptic's or GG's part, but it would be a somewhat understandable excuse on any potential investor's part. Fortunately, it's very unlikely that the tax incentives will be repealed and this project will still move forward in some form.
  • @micro, when and where did Matt Martyn mention this?
  • It was in Capital Gains. But the story is gone for Capital Gains Web site. It was here.

I have a printout that I'll try to post for you all to read. I'm curious why Capital Gains would spike this story. I hope it wasn't intentional.
  • Here you go. Best I could do on short notice. Hopefully you can read the story.
  • thanks! it's weird that they took the story down.
  • Thanks a million jwsw...I wasn't ignoring you Jared, but I couldn't find the article and I had recently linked some LSJ articles so I wasn't sure where I got that quote from...I thought I was going crazy! And I agree that that is really strange.