Eastwood Downtown Development District

Comments

• edited January 2017

Wow.

BTW, I had no idea rents were going for $1,000 a month for a stuido and go all the way up to $3,000 for a three-bedroom. That is insane given the location; the land values up near the dump aren't this high, are they?

• I need to get familiar with tiny url!

• Everything after the question mark can be removed from that URL :-)
  • Gotta say the rents for places in Lansing often make no sense to me. The city is not all that dense. Very often it seems like you could get a far larger home in only a slightly (and I just mean a couple blocks) less convenient location for the same or even less money than that apartment you're considering. But hey, if people want to pay big for the apartments, who am I to stand in the way? But sometimes I wonder if it's people moving to Lansing from bigger cities who think the high rents they're seeing are just typical.

• Thank you Jared! :-)

• Another easy way is to simply copy and paste the headline and then use the "link" option located directly right of the smiley face to create a hyperlink.

• I know the amount I pay for rent I pay could easily pay a mortgage, and your right about people moving here from a big city. To me coming from Mass.to me the rent is really cheap, my heat is included as well as gas and water. When something goes wrong they fix it right away, and even replace old appliances, all at no cost to me. I have a swimming pool, gym, and laundry here. Trash pick up and snow removal is included as well. If you add all those things together they would cost a lot of money and would easily make up the difference between renting and owning. $1,200 a month sounds like a lot and in Lansing it really is, but if it is a nice new modern apartment with good management I think it may be worth it to lots of people.

• That being, said I would not pay that much to live at Eastwood. It is interesting that so many people would.

• edited July 2017

Hey, does anyone know where the proposed Holiday Inn is supposed to go? It was originally scheduled to break ground this Spring. I was reading through some old articles, and it seems that the plan for Eastwood was changed back in August of last year (mostly to reorient some planned buildings), but I've heard no news of this proposed Holiday Inn much sense then. Lansing Township board meeting minutes are incredibly sparse (they have nothing equivalent to council packets), so there was really no details in the August minutes, and the Eastwood Downtown Development Authority website and Twitter page haven't been updated in like four years.

Also, any word on the apartments supposed to break ground this summer behind the current Vista at the Heights?

Anyway, the Hilton Homewood Suites seems to be coming along and is scheduled for a Fall completion.