REO Town Development

1293031323335»

Comments

• I will be happy if they're finally working on that. I was starting to get a bit worried for the future of that house.
  • The LSJ has an article on the new Italian restaurant opening up in Ellison's short-lived former REO Town location. Besides being a large place at 12k sq ft, apparently with a fairly large private event space, they're saying they plan on having dueling pianos a la Run Runners. They hope to be open by mid fall.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2024/09/03/new-restaurant-reo-town-clubhouse-ellison-brewery-gravity-smokehouse/75057341007/
  • They will need to offer really good food and a warmer atmosphere to get folks to cross the tracks down there. There is very little foot traffic over there. I am happy someone else is planning to give this historic place a try.
    I have been wondering what business is in the old QD building, there are a lot of employee cars parked there.
  • Given the way they've bricked up all the windows at that old QD building I'm operating under the assumption that it's a grow facility, which would dumbfound me given the state of the market.
  • Yeah, I too had assumed a grow facility because of the blocked up windows, solid doors and chemical placards (common at all the geow facilities) on the doors.