Marketplace

Comments

• Just wanted to pass some news on the project. I spoke with Pat Gillespie a few weeks ago and they hope to begin construction on the second Marketplace building this Fall ('15). The first floor will be dedicated to retail and will include a Starbucks and a gym (for residents) from what I can remember.
  • edited June 2015
    Will this be the building along Cedar, or the second wing/phase of the existing building? I ask, because the current building was built to be expanded toward Shiawassee.
  • I'm curious about this too. I'm really hoping to see a building go up along Cedar sooner rather than later.
  • I just hope it doesn't look like the existing Marketplace. I want to see something a bit more conventional.
  • I believe it will be the expansion towards Shiawasee but don't quote me on that. And judging by the color schemes of The Outfield, Midtown, and Marketplace I would wager that it will also have the same type of color scheme.
  • Yeah, the expansion would of course match the design of the existing building. Anyway, good to hear that they are already planning the expansion.
  • Gillespie Group recently had a meeting where the plans of the new building were revealed. Unfortunately I was not able to attend but I can confirm that it will be the expansion towards Shiawasee. This building will have more amenities for the residents including a large balcony on the top floor along with previous items I mentioned earlier. They apparently showed renderings of it so I would expect to hear something from Gillespie soon.
  • edited June 2015
    Wait, is this outdoor area a common area on the roof, because that sounds cool. I also wonder how many more units are planned in this expansion wing? There are 80-something units in the first phase, right?
  • I believe it will just be on the top floor, not the roof but I could be wrong. I can't remember the exact number but it will be more than the first building by about 10 or so. I believe it will be 5 floors like the current one with the first floor submerged if viewed from Cedar St. I really wish I was at the meeting so I had more details. The current building is 100% rented so there is definitely demand for residential downtown. If only we could get a grocery store downtown so that we don't have to keep driving to Meijer or Kroger every time.