General Lansing Development

Comments

• edited May 2008
    I'm kind of worried about the phrase "90,000-square-foot site". That sounds either suburban or an existing propert, but there is really no way of knowing at the moment.
  • edited June 2008
    This is a before/after view of Lansing in SketchUp. I was just bored so I thought that I would post it, its more interesting to flip between the photos in a slideshow:

Lansing1-1.jpg

Lansing2-1.jpg
  • edited June 2008
    The Pointe North development has started and the parking lot has been torn up already. Here is a picture of the rendering that hood had placed on here a while back:

pointnorth2.jpg

And here is a link to the original post: Pointe North
  • Has anyone been to the City of Lansing's Website lately? They've revamped the entire thing. It looks nice and professional business-like. I especially like the "Lansing - Where Michigan Works!" banner area on the top. They have a page dedicated to the many of the project we talk about on here. http://www.lansingmi.gov/invest/projects/index.jsp
  • Tell you the truth, I liked the old site better. Much easier to navigate. I'm always a bit annoyed when cities make their websites like a commercial business, and the black is hard on the eyes.
  • Why isn't the Lenewee project on there yet? (The one replacing the old YMCA building announced recently). Is it just that the website isn't updated that often, or is that project still too preliminary? I see that the YMCA building still is for sale so maybe this project still has a way to go?

I'm new to this game of keeping track of developments and knowing at what stage it is that they are more likely than not to come to fruition.
  • I think I went by there a week ago or so and saw a sign on the site that said that it had been sold already. I wonder if maybe a listing you were looking at hadn't been updated yet, or I might have been seeing things.
  • Well, I go out on my bike on the River Trail today to get pics of what I knew would be a swollen river, and ended up capturing some destruction that happened yesterday and today. I had no idea near-South Lansing was hit so hard by the straight line winds. It's certainly not being reported on the news. Entire streets and sections of the River Trail were inaccessible, some cooling towers at the Eckert Station totally destroyed, the southbond section of the MLK shut down due to a downed power line, the Capitol grounds littered with trees and debris...

Flooded River Trail beneath the Robert Busby Memorial Bridge

2562254543_3911d67090_o.jpg

The northern Grand River Avenue Bridge, fortunately built higher

2562254563_87f7a7f613_o.jpg

The northen end of the River Trail in Dietrich Park

2562254573_2bf69fcb37_o.jpg

2562268211_f1eb7d57af_o.jpg

2562268223_728fb687ed_o.jpg

Destroyed cooling towers at the Eckert Station

2562268245_0f21ce5f31_o.jpg

Nearly submerged docks in Riverfront Park (submerged earlier in the day)

2563101190_537109082e_o.jpg
  • WOW... the storm actually did that damage to the BWL cooling towers?! That is crazy! Great pics. thanks for posting them!
  • In East Lansing there is a house that is split right in half by a tree. The entire house is crushed. Also, on Harrison Road by Lake Lansing, Harrison is shut off due to two telephone poles that are laying across the street.