Off topic thread

1202122232426»

Comments

• I am not sure why a Free Press editorial would want to say something like "Lansing is a Sad Little Town and should not be the State Capital!" She bad mouths just about everything here including "Lansing Tacos"! Where did she go for tacos? Not Pablos or even Mr. Taco! Maybe she should stay in wonderful Detroit where you can spend an hour or two in traffic each day on the way to work! What fun!
  • I read that article and Couch's rebuttal to it in the LSJ. It's a just dim-witted poor take the likes of which I've come to expect from today's hollowed-out newspapers. Not many legit journalists out there these days, there's no shortage of this kind of idiocy. I'm partial to Famous Taco myself.
  • Just a note about the "Sad Little Town" story, someone has come up with a T-shirt with a mittened fist with a star in the middle and the middle finger flipping the bird, and "A Sad Little Town" printed below. You can get one at sadlittletown.com! Pretty funny I'd say.
  • Of all the things she could have legitimately hit us on - and she hit a few - here basically saying there is no good Mexican food in town is probably the silliest of all. We generally do food pretty well for such a small city; it's one of our strong suits.
  • I saw a YouTube video about the last beam topping ceremony at the new Hudson Tower in Detroit. It looks like a very nice building with some interesting windows and design features beyond just a glass tower. I also noticed how nicely paved all the street are in downtown Detroit! Another video showed the progress on the Gordie Hall Bridge, it is a very impressive project, Michigan can still build some amazing things. I noticed there are no piers or supports in the water, which is a very good thing.
  • I'm also a fan of the Hudson Tower's design, it's SHoP Architects, they've done a lot of nice high rises. The Tower on Grand kind of has their aesthetic imo.

Lots of stuff happening in Detroit in general, I loosely keep up on things going on down there and have been impressed.