General Lansing Development

Comments

• Just read that Tripper's in Frandor closed it's doors after 27 years. I haven't been there in years, often times would drive right by it. Quite a large space in Frandor to become available, I wonder what will replace it??? Also see that Blaze Pizza is opening later this year in the former video-to-go storefront.

http://lansingcitypulse.com/article-13229-Tripper%E2%80%99s-closes.html
  • It's sad to see Trippers close but just about anything could be done with the space.

These look nice, anyone notice them? Up North-style cottages built on Eastside
  • They were just talking about them about 5 comments up in the thread. :D
  • Just FYI, dropped in the Frandor Sears today and, as happens about half the time, had an experience that reminds me of why I shop on Amazon - but while there I asked the cashier about a rumor that they were closing for the summer. He said "oh no, I don't know who started that. You know this is one of the most profitable Sears stores out there, if we go out, Sears is going out of business." I said that sometimes seems like a possibility and he said "you know what I think will save us - Sears is the second online retailer, after Amazon". Anyway there you go. The foot traffic I see + customer experiences I have + low online ratings that testify to that customer experience always has me wondering, when these lists of closing Sears stores comes up, if the Frandor store will be on it. There is a least one cashier who doesn't think so.
  • edited June 2016
    I've always had good experiences at Frandor Sears. I was there just this a few days ago. I realize they'll eventually probably go under, but I hope they stay around for as long as they can. Out of curiosity, how did that experience reflect poor customer service? I'm not sure I understand.
  • edited June 2016
    Have just very often had issues, and see other people have issues, with checkout, resulting from technology breakdowns (like frozen tablets) and cashiers who didn't seem to know how to use their own technology. Long lines are pretty common too - today it was actually an issue with a cash register ringing up what I thought was the wrong price for an item, cashier went back to check the price, he couldn't figure out what the right price was and just gave me what I said (so checkout took a long time). No store is perfect but problems seem to happen a lot here, as online reviews also will attest.
  • I use to go to Sears in Hyannis a lot. and there it was a nice mall store that they have remodeled twice in the last tens years. Here at Frandor I find Sears feels like you are in a basement. The surrounding parking lot is very desolate, and the when ever remodel where they painted over the original brick and sandstone facade with cheap blue and white paint seems almost criminal. I think it's good to have a Sears in Lansing their store brands are a great value, but they need to fix the mistakes of the past and fully staff a well trained staff. I do not know what wages they offer, perhaps this is the cause for the poor staffing.
  • From the City Pulse:

Red Cedar Renaissance and other city developments may be in jeopardy, half the council is prepared to halt developments until the federal housing discrimination complaint is no longer pending.
  • OMG, it never ends in this town. I was honestly excited about Judi Brown Clarke on council because I finally thought it'd even things out. Instead, the relationship between the mayor and council is as bad (and worst) as it's ever been. Council is still making hay over the city attorney issue, and Bernero's relatiation didn't help. They both need to let that issue go. Clarke and her gang have got to move on and quit playing politics with it; they think the voters care more about that issue than they really do and are miscalculating hoping it's something that will cause Bernero to resign.
  • Well, that's some terrible news.