The Ovation Lansing

124»

Comments

• Yeah, I have no idea why they went with that panel projecting off the side of the building. I'm going to assume it's somehow necessary or they really hated the look without it, hopefully they're not forgetting this is Michigan and falling ice/snow on stuff that hangs over the sidewalk is a risk.
  • Okay, I went and looked at the floorplans, and this area I thought was the mainstage and backstage is actually the small black box theater on the third floor. Still don't see the need for the projected panelling, but whatever. lol I was wondering where this smaller theater was going to be in the design.
  • Is Dayton wealthier than Lansing? That is quite impressive.
  • Don't hold me to the accuracy (I asked Chat GPT) here but:
    Lansing / Dayton
    Median Income City $45k / $38k
    Median Income Metro $62k / $62k
    Median House Value City $104k / $63k
    Median House Value Metro $193k / $171k
    City Population 112k / 137k
    Metro Population 541k/814k

...So no, Dayton's is income is lower in the city and the same for the metro. Dayton is just bigger. I didn't realize how closely matched the cities are in some ways.
  • The thing a significantly larger metro population does help is with things that are funded at the county level and those things that factor in potential revenue. I'd say that's why you see something like the Schuster Center in Dayton.
  • After looking into that a bit more the namesake Schuster Family donated $8 million for its construction, so philanthropy is also at play.
  • Let's talk to Ervin Johnson, "The Magic Ovation" !
  • After looking into that a bit more the namesake Schuster Family donated $8 million for its construction, so philanthropy is also at play.
    Finally. Lack of philanthropy has been something holding Lansing back compared to GR.