Block600 (600 East Michigan)

Comments

• Some updates. First a new rendering, which I'm not sure looks as visually interesting as the previous. But this is one that I'm thinking will definitely end up looking better than the rendering(s):

EMK10i9WoAAOi_J.jpg

https://twitter.com/GillespieGrp/status/1207727578276085761

Some shots from the Larch Street side:

EMK10i9WkAEo-5X.jpg

https://twitter.com/GillespieGrp/status/1207727578276085761

EMfzJRtXkAA1APJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/SteveJapinga/status/1209202371638767619
  • I can see this huge crane from my window. It shows me just how close I will be to the market here. I wonder if the facade of the hotel is going to be more defined than this depiction? All I see here is some sort of black bar outlining where the hotel starts. I hope this is one of those buildings that looks better built than the drawings.
    Across the street, on the northeast corner, it looks like a "penthouse" is being built on top of the building there. I can not tell if the rest of the building is being renovated. There would be a great view from up there. Maybe this is a sign that the 600 Block is already spurring more development in the Stadium District.
  • I can't tell what's going on at the old Rum Runners building across the street, but it looks like at least part of it will be a deck and a corner of it will be enclosed. Whatever it is is substantial. The owner was originally going to have a small grocery store on the ground floor, but those plans went out the window when the Meijer across the street was announced. I believe he did finish the apartment renovation above the store, and I think he still lives there; somebody lives there.
  • It looks like a penthouse as it has a pitched roof, like I have seen in San Francisco, where they build a little house on top of a larger building. It would have a "big city" feel up there on that corner.
  • New rendering from GG put out yesterday from the hotel side of things:
    EPTvqQeWsAM0QtH.png
  • I was at Liskey's the other day and noticed how this really does seem to be coming along quickly. Looking forward to this being fully built out and the grocery is up and running. I hope they don't hit any delays causing this to get bumped out of 2020 for an opening date.
  • Looks good, not great! no fancy details but I am happy to see a full-service hotel being built downtown. I like the sidewalk cafe detail and I hope they really do plant large trees along there, PG has just planted shrubs in front of The Avenue building replacing the mature shade trees that were there.
  • edited February 2020
    From a few days ago from GG's facebook page:

83755545_2856743987719474_6410867451017297920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=0k85aRpUx-0AX8aB-AU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.fna&oh=b9c3afd371e56ab7850117d372b2dc66&oe=5EC94411
    Not a fan of the architecture (I'm a broken record, now), but it does a great job of filling in the streetwall.
  • Great shot! I was thinking that it looks kind of monolithic at this point as I drove by. I am hoping they use some quality window treatments which would help a lot. It really does fill the spot and there is no Michigan Ave side parking structure or a surface lot! I am looking forward to downtown Meijers, the Koger on S.Holmes has been a mess lately and just dirty.
  • Gillespie Group put out another rendering of this one, but I can't quite figure out where on the building this is? Is the roof going to be in use?

EQbF5ckX0AINGKn.jpg