General East Lansing Development

Comments

• Dave's Hot Chicken is solid. Strips and sliders with like 10 different spice levels. We have one out here in Folsom, CA. Good fries too.
  • Great I can't wait to try Dave's; I know I will be smelling the restaurant cooking up all those fries and chicken tenders. We get all the cooking odors from the many restaurants that surround us. I know! I live in the middle of downtown EL, it's only annoying when someone is burning something, a good breeze will clear the air. Today here in downtown they are painting the bike lanes on Albert green, not sure why.
  • @gbinlansing Based on what I see from transit YouTube videos it seems that green painted bike lanes are the new norm, just another a way to make drivers more aware of it being there.
  • Between Cane's, Dave's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Detroit Wing Company, I think we may be getting chickened out. I'm only half joking. lol
  • I think the green lanes are a good idea, however the city only painted the lanes in front of the two loading zones in front of the Newman Lofts building. I guess it is green, so people won't park across the bike lanes. It looks a little odd.
  • I looked a Dave's Hot Chicken's menu and they are another fried chicken tenders place with 14 levels of spice. I have recently figured out that a lot of young people do not like chicken with bones [my niece and nephew won't eat chicken with bones] I was hoping it might be like Yaya's or maybe even Zinder's or even the old school fried chicken with a batter crust like at the Sweden House on Waverly, that was so good! Also a long time ago!
  • The rehab of the Black Cat Cafe is moving along, it looks like there will be an adobe exterior, and pitched roof facade over the door. I believe the name is Los Tres Tex-Mex ? they had a sign up but took it down for the exterior work. It is interesting to see so much money being put into these new restaurants on Albert Ave...
    The blue screens placed all around downtown EL are not electronic, they are being used to display art and prose about nature and the seasons. They are nice and interesting but kind of beg the question of why.
    The new shop in the building next to the Peanut Barrel is a Spartan t-shirt shop, I have not been in there, maybe the prices are good or something that might make them stand out among the other stores that sell the same thing.
  • It really is crazy how the planning commission blocked the Albert development. It's a conflict of interest that the city wasn't able to renew their lease so they retaliate and block the development plans.
  • edited November 2023
    The council blocked the plans over concerns for...parking. They were literally arguing that the parking lot is needed. In the middle of a downtown. In a college town. Broke my whole brain.
  • Yes, and that need for "parking" of which they would be the leaseholder is a blatant conflict of interest.