General East Lansing Development

Comments

• Well, finally some confirmation. This is a big deal, particularly for an urban area as small as Lansing-East Lansing:

Target plans to open in downtown East Lansing

• Yeah this is major news. Not good news for CVS around the corner but I think this will really help downtown East Lansing and the other Meijers and Krogers should be able to continue without losing too much business.
  • edited April 2017

With the area growing at a decent clip, I'm not even particularly worried, anymore, about this hurting surrounding businesses. Metro Lansing doesn't feel over-retailed. It's really finally starting to feel that there are more than enough customers and more than enough money to go around. My only worry would be a nearby Target, and in this case there isn't one that I'd consider "nearby".

• The Sorority House development would be for Sigma Delta Tau, which currently is renting four separate homes on MAC. This would clear up a lot of room on MAC for a new building to be built there.

http://eastlansinginfo.org/content/sorority-house-plan-proves-controversial

• Passed this now-finished DTN development in East Lansing earlier today, by the way, the "Beech Townhomes". Can't remember but I would therefore guess I was on Beech Street. Looks nice.

• Nice picture! I had forgotten about these. They replaced the old "monopoly" houses. At this site there used to be about 12 small little cottages that each looked like tiny monopoly houses. I think DTN did a good job with the colors here, looks like similar materials to Gillespie's developments but a better color palette.

• The nearby Mayberry single home development is also quite nice... you can certainly tell you're in new construction, that's one way to put it (unlike much of East Lansing)! Nice color choices though, sort of New England feel to them, the homes look very well put together.

• Nice. Where is Beech Street in East Lansing, though?

• edited June 2017
    This is at the corner of Beech and Gunson in East Lansing. It's between Burcham, Abbot, Hagadorn, and Grand River.
  • Never been in the neighborhood (been all around it), but using streetview, it actually looks like this is on Gunson just south of Beech Street, pretty much at Gunson and Linden. It reminds me a bit of the infill on Virginia Street nearby.