GM

Comments

• Wowie. Yes, it sure is. I'm mad that no on has even given the public a hint what they are looking for at these massive sites that will be left empty. To see Lansing from the air, today, must be strange.
  • Driving by the sites is very eerie. I drive by both the Verlinden plant, and the Grand River Plant at least once a week. It's like a barren wasteland in the middle of the city.
  • I can't wait to see what happens to these sites. Now with these two places coming down there is a HUGE swath of land right in the middle of the city. I just hope they don't do an industrial park or something.
  • edited January 2008
    Mind, you must mean the former Lansing Car Assembly, downtown, because LGR nextdoor is still very much hopping and buzzing. Driving over the MLK bridge, particularly the southbound section and looking east, really is very strange looking. It looks like a total barren wasteland, like something you'd see in a movie. It would be great to see at least part of this land tied back into the surrounding eco-system with some kind of parks, or something.
  • Yes, thats what I meant. Ooops.
  • The township meeting was today at 7pm. Does anybody know what was accomplished or talked about?
  • I was so surprised to hear that many people are against the demolition. Many actually think the structures could have been reused, fully, as industrial buildings. I can understand people wanting the demolition to go well, which was another concern, but the main point seems to be that the residents don't want the plants to come down. They seem to want, rather, the plants to stay up in rot.
  • Silly people. Don't they know how old these buildings are? Can the township go ahead and approve the demolition anyway? Surely the people in charge have more common sense than the people complaining.
  • I can't understand why anyone would be encouraging them to leave up a huge, obsolete factory next door to them. Especially when they have an opprotunity to see the properties get redeveloped, even if not in the immediate future.