General Lansing Development

Comments

• So, I had to run some errands, tonight, and left out soon after the Lugnuts game ended and it was crazy-busy down on Michigan Avenue in the Stadium District, and by that I mean the actual neighborhood not just the development. I'd never seen it that busy, before. I mean, Thirsty Thursdays are always busy, but it seems that a lot more people stuck around after the game. It's one of the few times I looked out at all of the people and thought that this could really be some place.
  • The facade work on The Daily Bagle is well under way-scaffolding and palates of bricks all set-up and a good portion of the facade torn away.

The old Comp USA in Frandor has a solid awning and there is scaffolding set-up on top of the awning. Based on where it is it appears they're going to be working on the area where the old Comp USA sign was, suggesting a new tenant? Also, the main entrance is taped off with yellow caution tape and there are custruction supplies inside. Does anyone know if there is a new tenant going in there?
  • I don't know of anything specific, but if it appears work is going on someone must be moving in. Now I'm really curious as to who it is.
  • edited July 2008
    Kincaid Building/Design is doing a lot of projects, it seems. They are redesigning a building on South Pennsylvania Avenue (3215 South Pennsylvania) just south of the bridge near Poxson Park. It's next door to the Salvation Army Distribution Center. It's one-story and built in 1967.
  • RE: Medical Office Building in Old Town

When driving from east to west on Grand River you can see the back and north side of this building and that it is completely gutted and a couple large openings in the walls. There's also light construction equipment on site.
  • I'm glad to see that this project is for real. It will be nice to see it get done.
  • edited July 2008
    i've gone back and resized the two images that were posted earlier by hood.

DBI:
    dbi.jpg

Medical Office Building:
    medical-office-building.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    THANK YOU, Jared! Folks really need to be more considerate when posting these huge images. It takes nothing to properly size an image, and not only that, they are also clearer and easier to view. Anything much over 1000 pixels in length, unless it's a pan, is actually pretty unnecessary.

The Old Town Medical Arts Building is really heavily under renovation, now. Also, the old Michigan Electric Supply Company (1118 S Washington Ave) in REO Town is being worked on, heavily. It's directly south of Studio Intrigues new office.
  • I drove by the Medical Arts Building tonight, and was amazed at how quickly the construction has followed the placement of the signage at the site. This project appears to be heading full steam ahead.
  • It's no problem that I resize pictures, I'm just happy that they get uploaded and placed on here. If there are any more pictures you would like resized, let me know.