Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• edited February 2009
    A couple pictures of the Chiller Plant construction:
    th_Chiller1.jpg

th_Chiller4.jpg
  • This chiller plant looks pretty large (maybe it just appears that way with all the surface parking around there)... Is there a rendering of what this will look like once completed? I walked by there this weekend but didn't see one of those project boards w/ sketches.
  • There was a board with a rendering but they knocked it down or something, it will have a sort of modern design. It's supposedly 12,500 sq ft, and it's about 60' tall, so it's size will be about equal to a 4 floor, 50,000 sq ft building.
  • Chiller plant
    3285372099_ec8ff8affd_o.jpg
  • edited February 2009
    Wow, hope it looks better than that in person. It looks like a car battery, but worse. Hood, who'd you contact for the height? And, Jwswrites, where'd you find the rendering?

And, to whomever thumbnailed those pics, a big thank you.
  • My dads boss at the state, who's been working with some of the contractors. He didn't specify where the 60' feet was to, but I assume it was to the highest point.

I don't think the chiller will look too bad, given it's function and the design of the old one, although I'd always appreciate it looking nicer.
  • A shot from today on what seems to be the relentlessly slow renovation of the Ottawa Street Station. lol

3358131470_f658b6d64a_o.jpg

I said "what seems", BTW, because it's obvious they are working very hard on this, everyday. In fact, when I took this picture, there was somebody at the street-level doing some work on the grounds. On a Sunday! It's surprised me.
  • I trust Christman 100% on this, they've done excellent work, especially on historic structures. I wonder how much work they're doing on the inside...
  • edited March 2009
    Just about everything is currently being done in the inside. That's why I said it only seems like this is going slowly. There really isn't much they can do on the outside until the end.
  • edited March 2009
    The LSJ reported that the station project is on schedule. They are beginning to put in the floors, and the addition/annex will begin construction later in the month. It'll warm my spirits to see some new construction. lol The garage annex over Grand is coming down this summer.