Accident Fund Headquarters (Ottawa Street Station Redevelopment)

Comments

• Also, it's nice to see the renderings up on-site. There is also a crane there, I wonder what they will be needing it for this soon???
  • edited October 2008
    Didn't get any pictures, but there is a construction-type balcony wrapped around the roofs at the south side of the station. There are also lights on in the back of the station, at night, now.
  • I'm so glad to this thing really get going. I can't wait to see multiple projects going up around downtown at the same time. It shouldn't be long before we see ground broken on the new city market.
  • Just FYI, they now have the crane up, it look pretty big, maybe 200'-250'. It looks like the major work is getting underway in the old power plant.
  • edited October 2008
    It looks like the same crain they used to take down the chimney. Yeah, they've been working inside ever since they knocked down the Grand and BWL Buildings.
  • Wow, they are working quite fast. I noticed, today, that they are removing the parapet around the roof, something I didn't realize they were doing.
  • I wasn't sure how much work we'd be seeing happening on the exterior either, since there's so much work to do inside. (The power plant building essentially is just a shell. They'll have to build new structure inside to build multiple floors.) I hope it will be a psychological boost to see a big crane in the air while the rest of the economy seems to be so uncertain.
  • Just FYI, a worker at the Accident Fund HQ died after falling 10 floors down an elevator shaft this morning.

Worker dies after 10-story fall
  • That's really sad to hear. I can't remember the last time someone died from an accident on the work site in the city. It just goes to show how dangerous these jobs are.