Off topic thread

Comments

• I appreciate the comments, I'm more of an interested party than a local expert though so my comments or thoughts are seldom worth posting.
  • Thank you. I do have time to post so I often try to keep the conversations going. I have been interested in Lansing development since I was young, so I am glad to talk with others who have the same interest. Post do not have to be profound, go ahead and post.
  • I wanted to post that if anyone is having a problem with pot holes, street lights out, neighbors filling their yard with trash and things like that, be sure to write seeclickfix.com It may be a coincidence but I wrote yesterday that my block on Hazel Street had not been plowed at all during the past few snows, and people were getting stuck pulling onto S Washington. and sure enough they were plowing the street about an hour later, on a Sunday!. I know you can call them directly, but this is an easy way to let the city know about any problems.
  • Very cool that the response is so quick!
  • I've had good luck with the City of Lansing app in the Amazon/Google store. Very quick response from that as well. I've used it to report street lights and traffic lights that are out.
  • I'm glad to see that the City responds to these sorts of things. I may have to start using one of these services as there's been many times I saw something that was probably worth reporting, I just didn't want to have to call someone or find the right department to email.
  • I think the city departments may appreciate getting this information, it works most often when the problem in very specific, rather than general like all of Mt Hope needs repaving.
  • I was impressed. I had low expectations but it's worked for me every time. Plus it's nice to be able to take a picture so they can see the issue.
  • Jared, will there be a way when you search to search like the old board where you can search either by title of the thread or from the comments within the thread? Also, will there be a way to see how many pages comes back? As it is now, the search option seems pretty blind.

I was trying to see if there was a general "Transportation" thread because I couldn't remember if I made one or not, and wanted to just search to see if I could find it when I noticed this issue.

• I thought the search would be better but you are right, it is missing the ability to filter by topic, title, comment, etc. I don't see a way to enable that yet, and it looks like I may have to write something like that myself.