REO Town Development

Comments

• Yeah, Ozone is great. I'm stoked on Ellison. I buy their beer from Horrocks and the Bev place on Cedar, but I don't go all the way out to Meridian. I can't wait to have them close.

• edited June 2018

And, just like that the city annouces it, today:

That last photo is perfect. Now this is a legit beer hall.

You can tell it's been under construction for quite some time, so that confirms the permits pulled I was on the city website.

• edited June 2018

Oh, and this is what's going into the Moores Park Elementary School building, announced on the same day and Ellison Brewery.

https://www.facebook.com/justasknet/posts/10155640447467525

It's official! We are incredibly excited to announce that ASK will be moving to Reo Town Lansing this fall! Our new headquarters will be located at the former Moores Park Elementary School at 316 Moores River Drive. We couldn't be more excited to join the Reo Town community!

Looks like they are moving down off of Pine Tree road in the industrial/office park at the edge of southeast Lansing.

Man, REO Town is really catching fire, again. This is what I enjoy about development in Lansing; it's not just happening downtown, but on all kinds of corridors.

• I am really relieved about this development, they were so good about keeping it secret. I am really surprised to see the condition of the inside as there is still broken glass on the sidewalk outside broke out during the fire a while back.
    The rehab of Moores Park School is also very good news. I always thought that building sat in its spot so well, and looked like a nice place to go to school. The lab that was in there had all the windows covered so it was kind of creepy, I hope it will be bright and open and full of people again.

• Update: Good Truckin' Diner is not moving, the business that will be next to the pub is Nail'd a high end salon. Pablo's "By the end of September" (we'll see...)

• It is good news that the diner is not moving, but man! that is going to be a big nail salon. Work at "potential" Pablo's has stopped again. They made some nice looking brick arches in June, but I have not seen anyone working there lately.
    I wonder if the building at Elm and S. Washington that has housed State offices for years has sold? For some reason, crews are here on Sunday morning at 7 am cutting down and grinding all the trees that were in or near the block-long parking lot behind the building. It seems strange that all the sudden they would need to cut down those trees unless perhaps a new owner ordered it. Looks "great" now.

• edited July 2018

No permits or projects are listed on the property's profile on the city website. However, it looks to have been sold in May for half-a-million dollars. The address listed for the new owner is 1120 Keystone Avenue in southeast Lansing, which is connected to Simplified Tax & Accounting, which is a local accounting firm with locations all over the area. You guys may have seen their commercials on television.

• Thanks for the info... They have a nice big block long patch of unshaded blacktop with well over a hundred parking spaces for their little building now that all those pesky trees are out of the way. There is still a sign out front maybe it is advertising leases.

• Yeah, this building's lot is weirdly shaped and includes the entire alley on the block, plus a project east into the neighborhood at about the midway point of the alley.

• Sorry for another tree rant! I am sure it has something to do with insurance maybe one day a tree might have fallen on a car! Those trees! so dangerous!