General East Lansing Development

Comments

• I don't think it is just the developer getting excited, but the municipality who wants to make a good news story for the press. The city governments and planning departments may want to announce good news for their own agendas, which may be on an unrealistic schedule for the developer.
  • Here is a picture of the progress of the MSUFCU headquarters off of Coolidge Rd in East Lansing.

Green-MSU-CU-143-0009.jpg
    The photo is from Capital Gains Media.
  • I really didn't expect this, but the building next to Quality Dairy at Harrison & Michigan Ave is completely torn down. Here is a picture of what it used to look like:

2c4cdd84-5e25-41f8-8614-f6953a5bc603_17008b14-afd0-4c98-a3dd-45175c0882ee_static_0_0_2007-12-21_1304.png
  • Really?! That was a really neat structure.
  • Wow! I wonder what the plans are for that.
  • Maybe they are finally rebuilding or remodling the QD. They really need to, that store in particular needs it more than many. But virtually all the QD's are coming of age and need at least some updating.
  • I haven't seen much discussion on the proposed White Hills Town Center near the old Super Cinemas on Saginaw Hwy.
    I finally jotted down the website: http://www.gwtown.com/. From the looks of it, this will be a rather large development.
  • This looks like a major project, so I created it's own forum: Whitehills Town Center forum
  • Not-so-funny coincidence for MSU students who live north of Lake Lansing in one of the many apartment complexes in that direction. Construction will start on January 7th, the first day of classes, to begin widening Abbot Road north of Lake Lansing.

See the route 26 flyer for more information regarding the change.
  • Did anyone catch that the plans for West Village have changed? The media is reporting that Abood is not going to build anymore traditional apartments and condos on the site rather a Marriott Residence Inn or something related to Marriott. It seems like a strange place given the layout of the surrounding neighborhood to put anything majorly commercial on such small streets.