General East Lansing Development

Comments

• They got a mixed review from the LSJ's entertainment section. They said the food was good, at reasonable cost, but I guess the interior of the place left a lot to be desired. Apparently they left all the old Taco Bell furniture in place, and tossed a coat of paint on the walls.

I wonder if this going under will speed up some other redevelopment of the site. Nothing that goes into that existing building is likely to last long.
  • E.L. Moe’s Firehouse Grill, a Middle Eastern and sandwich restaurant, will soon replace Spartan Gyros.
  • What? Is there a new building going up or something?
  • They will be using the same building.
  • According to today's State Journal, the proposed hotel just behind the Howard Johnsons on Trowbridge will be a Holiday Inn Express.
  • Yep. It was good to see the story. Hopefully, both get through including the West Village Marriott Residence Inn, which will be a new construction.
  • Small Planet returns to East Lansing

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/NEWS01/805070331
  • The location of the old Country Markett at the corner of Hagadorn and Grand River now has its awning removed. It looks like substantial work is going in to the facade. I wonder if a tenant has already been found or if they are updating it for prospective tenants.
  • Here's some sprawl shots I took the other day. Oh did I saw sprawl? I meant walkable development... of a former christmas tree farm.

2634190997_7b4aa943df_b.jpg

2634156881_2579781f1d_b.jpg

See, it's walkable. These signs are all over the surrounding parking lots:
    2635014772_fde17543b2.jpg

A sidewalk! It must be walkable:
    2634191167_5bec52e5c8_b.jpg
  • Where exactly is this? I haven't been up in the Northern Tier in quite some time.