General Lansing Development

Comments

• From what I understand, a recent review of Crego found that there was still toxic chemicals that need to be remediated, and that the city has been doing a pretty poor job of stopping illegal dumpers.
  • Found this article: Mayor Crego deserves better legacy

Seems to me that people are a little to paranoid about the pollution in this park. There are other sites more polluted that people live near or work at, I see no practical reason why the park shouldn't be reopened, unless laws are really that strict.
  • I, too, suspect that there is much more than just the danger of chemicals keeping them from reopening the park. I imagine, having had problems at nearby Fenner, that the city simply doesn't want to have to watch/patrol the park all day and night. That, and general upkeep, which wouldn't be much for a park that is almost exclusively a nature preserve. It would definitely be a great asset to the city if it were to be reopened, but I'd only like to see it reopened if the city keeps it in great shape. The last thing we need is more untended parkland.
  • Hey, Hood; have you noticed that the old Rosenbaum Law Office Building at the corner of Washtenaw and Grand has been completely renovated? I can't believe I missed this one. It has been painted a great looking dark-red, and the exterior has been fully repaired.
  • I haven't seen it, but I'm actually a bit dissapointed that it was rennovated. I would of rather seen the building remain empty until redevelopment was possible. I would really like to see as many of the one story downtown buildings done away with as possible.
  • My dad said that he heard the State is in talks with the Boji's about adding those extra floors to Capitol View. He said he doesn't know which department would use the space, he assumes that the state may want to move the remainder of the dept of community health there (not from the Prudden building, but from the Cass building), but that the additional 30-45k sq ft from adding the floors on only the office portion wouldn't be enough. So I would guess that if thats the case any addition would include adding floors to the ramp. It's all just speculation though, besides the the state being in talks to "add floors to Capitol View," there are no more specifics.
  • The Michigan Resturaunt Association Building, not too far from finishing:
    MichiganResturauntAssociation3.jpg
  • Man, I would have loved to have seen a tower at this corner. It would have been a great location to continue to extend the skyline southward and westward.
  • Is that a rendering on that sign? I don't know if I remember seeing a rendering for the building before.