General Lansing Development

Comments

• I see the "for sale" sign out front Clara's already has a "pending" sticker on it. Boy, that was quick. lol
  • Yeah from the wordings in the replies on Facebook it sounded like the sale was already a done deal. Perhaps they're still working out the necessary paperwork and financing still.
  • edited August 2016
    I got a close up look at the new lamps in front of the Capitol. They are so beautiful with many great details that you have to stop and take a look at. The front stairs were open as well as the big front doors, which I have not seen for a long time. We just went in and wondered around like I did when I was a kid, it's all very nice, better than it has ever looked in my life anyway. There were lots of people also visiting the car show, and the Taste of Downtown event. When I see days like that with all those people downtown just for fun gives me hope that all those store fronts will be occupied soon, and we could see people there every Saturday afternoon.
  • Major developments in store for Hope Soccer Complex: $17M vision for Hope Sports Complex includes hotel, domed field

636057475518411950-HOPE-SPORTS2.JPG
  • Interesting. I just wish it was more tied into the city in every way.
  • The lady that is running it is getting the land for such a steal. Only paying $10,000 per year to lease the land from the city. With that kind of setup, it should be impossible for this to fail.

I think the lease is a bit low, but otherwise the city may be leaving all this land empty and getting nothing from it. Maybe after she makes all these improvements and the lease renews in 20 years then the rate will go up substantially.
  • I love this idea! It's already way more busy than I ever expected. I'd love to see it busy year-round.
  • I agree, making Greater Lansing sporting activities and facilities a part of an overall economic growth plan and is now already bringing visitors to Lansing. These would be people would not have come to Lansing except for their sporting event being played here. I think that another[there is one somewhere here already] ice sports center in the downtown area would be a big draw. Do people have to pay to play on these privately run fields? As it a city park maybe there should be at least one free space to play.
  • I have noticed the empty lot on Elm Street next to the river is being cleaned up and the for sale sign is gone. Anyone know about what may be going on there?