New Users: Introduce Yourself

124»

Comments

• That's great to hear about college grads staying in the area. I may have had classes with you, as I'm a computer science major here at MSU.
  • I’ve got a few minutes to kill here at work, so now is probably a good time to stop procrastinating and finally introduce myself… Although I wouldn’t call myself a new user to the forum, I’ve certainly been a silent observer over the past year or so.

My hometown is DeWitt, Michigan; however I currently live in Houston, Texas (hence the ‘witty’ user name…) I received my B.S. from Michigan State University in 2006, with a major in Urban and Regional Planning. Prior to moving to Houston, I worked at the Michigan Department of Transportation as a project team member of the Detroit River International Crossing Study; a bi-national planning study for improved movement of goods and people between the United States and Canada. Currently, I’m a senior planner in the Neighborhood & Development Services Division of the Houston Planning & Development Department. I must admit I love my current job… most days…

This website has been a great resource for keeping up on development related news back home. Sometimes I feel like I know more about what’s happening in Lansing than I do down here in Houston.

Anyhow, I should probably get back to work! I’m looking forward to playing a more active role in the discussions from here on out.

Brian
  • Hey Brian, have you forgotten all about your Practicum team mates?
  • Forget!? I don't think I could forget my practicum peeps even if I wanted to! As a matter of fact I happen to work with one of them right now! Would you happen to be one of the “unforgettables”?

TEAM DEARBON!!!
  • Yes, I would be one of those people. The one with the extra holes in his face. I heard Ryan got the job, I guess that's why you never answered my e-mail.

TEAM DEARBORN! (see, there are two R's in the name)
  • I'm new to the site (and to the Lansing area), I found it a few days ago (the site) and am very excited about it's existence. I am interested in development, change, and the community. I've been making art about these things since high school. I enjoy getting the community involved in the work by contributing images, stories, thoughts, so this forum is gold to me. Of course, I will ask you before putting your quotes in my work.

Thank you to the creator, Jared, I think.

I have been making work about the area, so if you'd like to comment on it, please do... it should be partially yours.

Jules Schmuker
    http://www.julesprintmaking.com/
  • Sounds like you found the right site...
  • I am finishing up my M.S. at MSU in microbiology and have already started working at Emergent here in Lansing. I've grown up in MI and am glad to be able to stay in MI (Lansing) and fight the exodus of young professionals. Also, my wife is from D.C., so not only am I not leaving, I've brought someone in from outside! We've moved to downtown Lansing and am excited to see these projects moving forward.
  • I just learned of this site via hood over at urban planet. I am a resident of Lansing who is interested in the continued development of this fine city. Greetings....