Capitol Club Tower (Proposed high rise condos!!!)

Comments

• The article did say that the parking garage renovation would start, this month/
  • The entire Grand Ave. facade is off when I walked by tonight. Nice to see they're on a good pace...maybe while they have the lane shut down and the equipment in place they'll start tearing down the two old buildings!
  • One would hope. I mean, they may as well do this before they really get going on the Grand streetscaping, you know, do it in one swoop.
  • Today at lunch I noticed they are back working on the parking garage. The facade has been off completely since the last posts, but today they had the small "cranes" set-up and looked to be sand blasting or something, and maybe doing structural work...just glad to see they are working at a good pace on this, but again, hopefully the work on the actual tower site begins.
  • According to this June 09 article demolition of the City Club "has just begun." The project is still slated to be completed in 2010 which I find surprising, not sure how likely that is. I'll check soon to confirm that demolition of the City Club has actually started.

http://www.lansingbusinessmonthly.com/article_read.asp?articleID=4897
  • That's interesting. I'll be by there tonight to see whats going on.
  • Any time during 2010 (even December) seems like quite a stretch for a building this size, especially considering that they've not even clearned the land, yet. That's not even to mention that I'd expect this building to take longer than projects of similar size considering that they have to build into a riverbank, which will require some reinforcement of the bank before they could do anything on the actual tower. It's good to read anything on this one, though.
  • I was by there and I didn't see any demolition. There were some windows open on the second floor that I think were closed before. The only thing I can guess is that they are prepping for demolition or doing some sort of abatement.
  • I'm hearing that the old City Club could come down today. Don't have details, but will update if it happens (if one of you doesn't beat me to it).