REO Town Development

Comments

• I looked at the googlemaps 2017 pictures of this part of REOtown [north end] and it is intersting to note how many trees have been cut down over here. Nothing to be done about it, it is just kind of sad to me.

• gbd - sorry to hear about the trees! Perhaps you should go rouge and plant some in the middle of the night! Stores are just now starting to get stock for spring planting!!!

Also, according to the LSJ, there are a number of MMJ shops getting shut down by the state/city. I don't have a link, but I believe the article with the list of closures was posted within the last week or so.

• In bit of mildly positive news, I believe there's new a "coming soon" sign on the Rusty Nail in REO Town, across the street from the cogeneration plant. Looks like progress is being made. Kind of forgot that development was even happening. Sounds like it will be a good addition to the neighborhood.

Has anyone noticed any progress on the Pablo's going in at the old filling station? When I go by it always looks the same and the parking lot is always pretty empty, but I haven't given it a closer look.

Lansing reminds me of how Detroit used to be. Detroit was so eager to tout new development that they'd constantly run stories on developments that were far from a sure thing. It was like playing roulette guessing which ones would actually happen.

• At Pablo's, they have covered the windows but I see workers going in there almost every weekday at least for a couple of hours. I had heard they were not in a big rush because they were waiting on their liquor license. Plus I think it is a family project that they work on when they can. It will be great with the other new places opening soon as well. I am a bit confused as to the new project next to the pub, there is a sign that says "Nail'd coming soon". This seems kind of close to Rusty Nail. I was thinking that the Truckin' Dinner was moving down to that larger spot, maybe they are calling it Nail'd. There are nice new windows on the second floor. Also, there is a new beauty salon next to the record store, and the pottery shop is going to open soon.

• The temporary wall on the building I believe Good Truckin Diner is renovating has been removed and they have a very nice storefront there now. It looks really great with big windows.

• I just got confirmation that Pablo's REO Town should be up and running by the end of June! Awesome news!

• That's exciting!

• They have been knocking out the back wall of the building for a couple of days. I thought the building had caught fire there was so much dust billowing up. Maybe that is where the outdoor patio will be. I was hoping they would out it front to add people on the street and cover some of the blacktop. There are a lot of folks who use that parking lot like on Sunday's for the church across the street. It will be interesting to see where they will all park.

• Some news on the substation:

LANSING — Solar energy will illuminate a mural on the exterior walls of the city's new Central Substation.

Titled "City Rhythm," the design features a squiggly pattern that draws inspiration from sound waves. Colorful steel panels will be affixed to the brick walls on the northeast and southeast sides of the substation, located at W. Malcom X Street and S. Washington Avenue.

The Lansing Board of Water & Light unveiled designs on Thursday. The mural, expected to be installed by October, is the first project to result from the BWL's commitment to spend $20,000 every three years on public art.

• Any update on Pablo's? It still looks a ways from being ready to open.