MSU Development

Comments

• edited July 2018

BTW, the IST Building down on Service Drive is coming along fairly quickly. Most of the exterior work is left done, but since it's a laboratory building most of the work will take place inside and won't be done until August of next year at the earliest.

Infrastructure and Planning and Facilities Department

• I'm really happy to see them reusing the Shaw power plant and the additions look nice. It's been crazy to see them go from announcing it saying the designs aren't finalized to starting construction in weeks.

• The STEM building looks great, but I can't understand why they chose that site... virtually all of the science, technology, and engineering buildings are well to the East of there...

• The specs on this building do not call for classrooms, therefore its location close to other buildings is not as important a need. As far as I have heard and read some biomedical and plant science-related global impact initiative hires will have space here and it is a short walk to other associated buildings.

• @ratchetwrench, as I understand it, the STEM building is actually part of the College of Education so it's not that far from their main buliding (at the corner of Shaw and Farm Lane, opposite side of the International Center).

• It's also not really that far from the Engineering building. It's practically across the street.

• Jared - Thanks, I didn't know that. Still, since there is a big push to integrate research and active learning into STEM curriculums, I would have thought "they" would've wanted to be closer to the research buildings as well.

mindbender - it is cater-corner from the far northwestern end of the engineering complex, across a large and fairly busy intersection. IMO, still not very convenient!

• Thanks for the screenshots. Yeah the building will be much larger than what is currently there as the power plant portion is only about 1/3 or less of the final building.

• Looks really great. This kind of gives me an idea what the BWL could do with the Eckert Plant.

• So, MSU got it's biggest single gift in its history. Real estate developer Edward Minskoff has donated $30 million towards the School of Business Pavillion. I guess this will make construction go faster and help with programming once the building's done.