General Lansing Development

Comments

• I saw that, too. But the funny thing is that there is not any additional information in that that hadn't already been announced. We'd already heard that COVID delayed the conversion this summer, but we still don't know when in 2021 when this is going to happen. Guess I'll check with public service to see when they are going to do this.
  • I am hoping that new pavement is one of the improvements they are planning.
  • I am happy to read in the LSJ about the city beginning the renovation of two of its public housing facilities on S Washington and W Waverly. This will improve the lives of the people who live there. It is a bit shocking to read there has been little investment made in these buildings in the past thirty years.
  • edited December 2020
    These were never beauties, but Gillespie Group is residing Prudden Place up at Larch and Saginaw and bragging about this, but this is not an upgrade, right?

EpiCcYjWMAIsrDp?format=jpg&name=large

I don't get why this kind of siding has become the rage, aesthetically. I bet it's really economical to make, but I don't get the thinness of the 'slats' and why developers think it looks good.
  • It reminds me of barn siding. I guess they are thinking besides being cheaper it may look homey to some people.
  • It reminds me of shipping containers. If that's what they're going for they will need to put in some fake extra lines where each shipping container would start/stop.
  • As a designer, I worked for a developer. It's the same cheap material in a pattern that's not all that common, yet. It's just vinyls version of "board and batten". Its still cheap, it's still vinyl. As someone with a masters in architecture, it's just outright depressing. With the relatively new age of the buildings, why bother?
  • edited December 2020
    I agree it looks really cheap. Why do they need new siding so soon, these buildings aren't that old? It would have been nice to see them use fiber cement siding if they're going to keep with using siding.
  • Thats my confuses me as well. It just seems like a waste of money and material to switch to a different style of the same so soon, unless there was some underlying moisture issue that they were addressing. I'd much rather see fiber cement over vinyl anyday.