The Abbot & The Graduate (Park District)

Comments

• Thank you for posting those drawings. That looks great, and I'm glad that the main entrance faces the park. It will be a nice view to walk out of each day.
  • Some nice sized trees have been planted along Evergreen and behind the church. Looks great. The work at the credit union, and the apartment building seems to have been paused. There is a depiction of the new credit union building on the porch of the crew trailers, maybe the crews are sharing the quarters, I was thinking two different companies were building the two developments. Also there are some very nice new murals on the Graduate Hotel depicting MSU history and culture. One vulgar {f-biden} sign has been posted in a window of the Abbot building, nice for the kids on the Pumpkin Walk Sunday!
  • Crews are putting up the signal poles for the Abbott and Albert interchange today. They are going to be the pole-style with a pole over the street holding the signal lights. They look good, really huge but better than the old poles and cables. It will be nice to be able to cross the street there again being able to see the crossing signals. Also there seems to be more activity picking up at the credit union site, it had been quiet for a while.
  • Yes, the pole style looks so much better than strings hanging over the street.
  • The work on the credit union building has picked up as the first cement and rebar are going down today, also they have closed the north side of Evergreen next to the site. The new crossing signals beep but do not talk [I hope] and we cannot hear it up here in our building, yeah!
  • I was surprised while going out of my morning walk to see almost two stories of cement floors and walls erected at the credit union building that were not there yesterday! Some of the walls have a dark brick patten. I wonder how much of the building will be prefabricated off-site; it was crazy to see all that put together in one day. I am still hoping this new building will not block the summer afternoon sun that comes around the buildings in the northwestern sky to shine our building. I overheard the manager/owner? of The College Manor building complaining to a friend that soon there will no sun shining on his building at all, there used to be sun all day he said. That would bum me out too!
  • I was by there earlier this week when there were just a couple panels up and I was also wondering if this whole thing is going to be precast? It appears to be being built with a construction method I don't think I've seen before, I'll have to try to make it by there from time to time to check it out.
  • I haven't been out that way, but could it be Lift Build construction? With how quickly it's coming together, I was curious. I know its newer and I believe created by Barton Mallow. Basically they build the top floor, lift it up, build the next, and so on...

Liftbuild.com
  • @Lymon89 What little I saw when I was driving by looked more like the same type of precast panels you might see make up a parking garage. That was only maybe two or three vertical panels though, at least one facing the street already had the brick on it.